Irvington Development Organization
2013 – 2018 Strategic Plan
Irvington Development Organization: working for the benefit of Irvington by cultivating positive business development, promoting the unique character of our neighborhood and enhancing the quality of life for residents and visitors.
- Define and prioritize development zones beyond Washington Street corridor to determine which economic development opportunities provide greatest benefit to all of Irvington.
- Establish IDO as effective resource for current and potential business owners in Irvington.
- Support beautification efforts to make Irvington a destination for residents, businesses and visitors.
- Improve fiscal health of IDO by developing and monitoring financial indicators for the organization.
- Diversify funding sources for IDO with an emphasis on earned income opportunities.
- IDO will assume a leading voice, in partnership with others, in promoting Irvington events and news to residents and visitors.
- Promote Irvington as a cultural destination.
- Develop and nurture the IDO brand to distinguish our identity and enhance our credibility.
- Build a formalized volunteer program to support staffing needs and to raise awareness in the community.
- Grow, develop and institutionalize Board.
- Streamline committee structure to create synergy, eliminate silo mentality and encourage broader community participation.
- Maintain staff and supplement staffing capacity through internship program.